Developing & Expanding Your ACT skills Intermediate/Advanced 2 days (5)
Time & Location
About the event
Developing & Expanding Your ACT Skills
This workshop is for participants who are already familiar with Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and wish to deepen their knowledge, skill, and flexibility when applying ACT in a range of different settings. Thus, this intensive training will go more deeply into the nuanced application of ACT, with a focus on learning how to apply ACT more flexibly and fluidly in practice.
Participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
· Identifying ACT clinical processes and conceptualise clinical concerns within an ACT framework
· Speaking and responding to clients using ACT consistent language
· Creating a powerful therapeutic context for change to empower clients to make meaningful life changes
· ACT intervention strategies
· Becoming ‘unstuck’ in therapy
Who Should Attend?
Because this is an intermediate to advanced level training, participants should have some prior training / learning experience with ACT. Enrolment will be limited so that we will have greater opportunity to practice skills in pairs and small groups.