Understanding ACT ONLINE Workshop Behaviour Change & Personal Development
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop is designed to introduce Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and teach
practical techniques, tools and strategies for beginning to work with ACT. All workshops are taught with a variety of teaching methods, including instruction, practical exercises, and role-play in small groups.
Participants will gain knowledge and understanding of:
- the ACT model of psychological inflexibility
- the six core therapeutic processes of ACT
- tools and strategies for each of the therapeutic processes
- promoting psychological flexibility with different client groups including; drug and alcohol, trauma survivors, anxiety and depression.
- using ACT as a brief intervention
Who should attend?
This is an introductory workshop suitable for both beginners and those already with some knowledge of ACT. It is not necessary to have prior knowledge and experience of ACT, just an interest in learning more about effective talking therapies. Workshops are inclusive, encouraging and supporting a multidisciplinary approach to the development of ACT knowledge and practice.
When : 27TH MAY 2020 10am to 2pm
28TH MAY 2020 10am to 2pm
3RD JUNE 2020 10am to 2pm
Where : ONLINE